вівторок, 24 листопада 2009 р.

Sad post in a sad day

Today is exactly 3 months that I am here. Although I have a feeling that I just came. And that’s why I am really afraid that next 3 months will pass with the same speed. I really don’t want to leave this country…

At the same time today I felt for the first time that I am really missing Ukraine. I stuck in traffic on my way back home and I was thinking that this is the day when I really want to be alone, totally alone. I understood that I don’t know any place here where I can be alone: lots of other interns at my home and lots of staring people on the streets. Well actually there is one place – our balcony, nobody is here as its already cold, so as other trainees say this is ‘my office’. Of course it’s not the same as getting lost somewhere in Kyiv but still this is something.

For the last few days I was also thinking a lot about my family and my friends. And how great is that I have them. Being at home I was never thinking about that. Here I am for the first time isolated from them and sometimes I am dreaming about watching football with beers and stavridka with my freaky unlimited team at Bugorna 13 or watching ‘cheap horror movies’ or doing any kind of other bullshits with them.

Well I guess I have a feeling which once was perfectly described by my Greek friend: “I want to go but I don’t want to leave.” But I guess tomorrow will be better. Will not have tim
e to think about that again if won’t stuck in traffic. Next time promise to write ‘happy post’ ;)

11 коментарів:

  1. крыска, как я тебя понимаю...
    знала бы ты, как я за вами всеми скучаю...ууууу... кусаю в плечо!!!

    твой freaky team member :)

    ВідповістиВидалити
  2. а я, я как скучаю) попроси кого-нибудь рядом укусить тебя посильнее - это от меня)))

    ВідповістиВидалити
  3. Гы какахи! Кусаю вас тоже сильно )))

    ВідповістиВидалити
  4. Почитал бы кто-то "нешарящий" как все мы тут "перекусываемся", интересно, что бы подумал...)) Ларечек, возвращайся скорей, все, о чем скучаешь, мы быстренько компенсируем!!! :-*

    ВідповістиВидалити
  5. funny. it's like if I could hear you saying those words. and yes, time goes by really fast... it's totally okay to feel sad and miss a few things from time to time...

    ВідповістиВидалити
  6. Ларка, дык у тебя культурный шок :D гы

    ВідповістиВидалити
  7. Lishcha don't u know that only Bobito can call me Larusik???!!!

    ВідповістиВидалити
  8. пацани я тоже скучила, Ларка знає ми тринділи навихідних ... хочу побухати з вами
    ТЕТУАН

    ВідповістиВидалити
  9. need for privacy is one of the symptoms of cultural shock. Satisfying this need is very important to overcome all the chaos of emotions that happens in the head of a foreigner when in other country. I had the same feeling in Argentina when the only place that belonged to me was my bed, and even that one was sometimes invaded. And then you challenge your definition of privacy. I was escaping to restaurants. Normally i was going to the ones where there were more foreigners, they were quiet, people were not screaming and talking to me. And i would sit there totally alone just with my thoughts. Its like a meditation. You try to jump off this crowdy loud place and fly very high where there are no people that speak strange language and annoy you all the time. And even they are around you its a matter of practice to imagine they are not there, make yourself not to pay attention, abstract from them. This is actually a type of meditation. Why dont you try this? When there is no privacy, re-invent it. Its like this phrase - they can never take away your freedom. In this case it is your freedom to be by yourself even in the middle of the crowd. And you are in the perfect place to learn it - place where people meditate:)

    ВідповістиВидалити